Combers KC, is currently the only licensed head lice treatment salon in the Kansas City area. Lice removal is not a regulated service, so you must be careful when choosing one for your family. A few things to look for:
- They should be trained and certified in head lice removal: you want a head lice treatment salon that knows how to remove head lice per training and certification. Since it’s not yet regulated, anyone can open a business claiming they treat head lice. Look or ask for their certification.
- Make sure they guarantee their services: This is a great addition to the service itself, especially if you don’t know where the lice came from. It would cover your family if there was a re-exposure and it wouldn’t cost you more money.
- They should include at LEAST 2 follow up appointments: This is for your own peace of mind, to make sure your family is clean and hasn’t been re-exposed. You should get a 7 day follow up and a 14 day follow up, free of charge. This should only take 10 – 15 min, but well worth it.
- Make sure you are getting the “strand by strand” method. It is the only method proven to be 99% effective at removing head lice. There are other treatment options that do not remove everything from the hair, leaving even two nits behind, can start the head lice process all over again.
- Affordable: It shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg to get help with head lice. Avoid the “by the hour” treatments, you should know exactly what you are going to pay before you get there, shop around for the best rate, training and certification, and customer service.
- Customer service: It is our top priority. We know our success is because of our customer satisfaction and referrals.
- Safe and effective treatments: Using Happy Heads head lice treatment and prevention products in addition to the strand by strand method of lice removal, allows us to guarantee to get your family head lice free.
- Cleaning and disinfecting the salon and utensils: For prevention of cross contamination, our license requires this from the State Board to stay in business.
Our staff spends at least 12 months learning, training, and testing on everything related to the hair and scalp. We are also trained and certified in Head Lice removal, and every employee goes through weeks of training before they start treating on their own.
Higher standards means better treatments for our clients. To date, manual remove of head lice is the most effective at 99%. We are that confident that we can get you head lice free, that we guarantee it for 30 days. We use and retail Happy Heads Head Lice Removal and Prevention Products (www.happyheadsproducts.com ) exclusively in our Overland Park location. We feel this is the best product on the market for treating and preventing head lice. It’s affordable, effective, and only available at our location.
It is very important for clients to do their research before choosing a head lice removal salon for their family. Ask friends and family who they recommend and look on the internet for customer reviews. Combers KC comes highly recommended, check us out on social media and if you would like more information, please contact us at (913)451-2662 or visit our website: www.comberskc.com