Head Lice Prevention
There are many remedies said to aid in the prevention of Head Lice. While there are many products on the market that can prevent or detour lice, nothing is 100% effective. You can only do your best to lessen your chances of being exposed to them. Combers Head Lice Treatment Center retails an outstanding line of prevention products, as well as treatment products. Happy Heads is an All Natural and Effective product, offering shampoos, styling products, conditioners and sprays to treat and prevent the Head Lice.
Head lice is an ongoing, stressful battle in schools and households everywhere, especially in children ages 5-12. Although no one is completely safe from getting head lice, we would like to help families avoid it as much as possible.
Being aware and proactive in detecting head lice will help. Combers KC is happy to provide the following tips and best practices.
- Weekly family lice
The best preventative method you can have. The most important tool to help with checks: this,is a Terminator Nit Comb. This comb will remove 80-85% of everything in the head. Weekly combing will help in early detection and eradication of head lice. If you find it early, the treatment will always be easier and the risk of spreading to others is significantly lower. If you do not use any other preventative tip, make sure this one makes your weekly to dolist.
- Wear longer hair up, off the shoulders is another great preventative. Ponytails, buns, and braids are all great looking
hair stylesthat aid in keeping the lice away.
- Preventative Shampoos, conditioners, and spray shields also help lice stay away. If used daily, products that contain tea tree, rosemary, lavender, lemongrass, citronella, or eucalyptus are a great preventative. Lice do not like these scents, so putting just a little on your child’s head will help.
- Avoid head to head contact at school, sports, playgrounds, and even playdates. This is the number 1 way head lice is spread. Sleepovers are fun and exciting and shouldn’t be avoided because of the head lice risk. Children should sleep “head to foot
”,so that their heads are not laying right next to each other. Also, send your child with their own pillow and blanket. When the sleepover has ended, check your child with a Nit Comb to ensure they didn’t get lice.
- Do not let children share hats, brushes, helmets, or any other items that could cross contaminate.
- Ask your child to store hats, coats, scarves, and other personal items away from everyone else in a locker or
- If your child does get head lice, be a friend, tell a friend. You should contact the school nurse and whoever your child may have exposed, so they too can check and handle it quickly before it spreads to other children.
If you are unsure if you or your child have head lice, please give us a call and we can check you. (913)451-2662
Our Overland Park location is on the North West Corner of 119th and Quivira, Behind Barleys Brewhaus.
Our North Kansas City, Mo. location is in Barry Trails shopping center next to the Wig shop
Overland Park, KS 66210
Kansas City, MO. 64155
Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm