Lice are not dangerous, but they do spread very quickly from person to person.
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts of Head Lice:
- Check everyone in the family using a good Nit comb, we recommend the Terminator Nit Comb
- Notify anyone who has been in contact with the infected individual, this will help stop the spread. Be a friend, tell a friend.
- Wash all bedding and dry on high heat for 40 min. Vacuum carpets and upholstered furniture in the home and in the car, including car seats.
- Bag (48 hours) or boil all hair brushes, combs, headbands, clips, etc… Dishwasher safe items can be cleaned using this method on the heated dry setting
- Bag all stuffed animals or items that can’t be dried on high heat, in a trash bag for 48 hours.
- Use All Natural safe and effective head lice products (http://www.happyheadsproducts.com/)
- Call a Professional Head Lice Facility to help you check and treat if necessary. (www.comberskc.com)
- Remind children who get Head Lice, that everything will be okay. It is embarrassing but also very common, reassure them that it is not their fault.
- Panic. This is very important for everyone’s peace of mind. Try to stay calm and the process will more tolerable for everyone involved.
- Use products that contain the chemicals Permethrin and/or Lindane. Not only are they highly toxic, many strands of Head Lice are resistant to these products and the treatment will not be effective.
- Treat family members that do not have Lice. Treat only when you have a confirmed case.
- Hire an exterminator for your home, head lice don’t survive long off the head (48 hours max). Concentrate on removing it from the head, not the house.
Remember, Head Lice are not a sign of poor hygiene, neglect, poverty or any other status. No one is completely safe from getting head lice, but some great tips for prevention include:
- Asking children to avoid head to head contact (at school, sporting events, playgrounds, even at home)
- At sleepovers, have children sleep head to feet and bring their own pillow from home
- Do not share brushes, combs, hair ties, clips, hats, helmets, or any other items for the hair, with anyone else
- Check children weekly with a good nit comb to catch any signs of lice early, you can treat anyone infected before the lice have time to spread to others
Head Lice can be an ongoing battle, especially in children ages 5-12. It can be difficult to get rid of with just one treatment. If you need help, Call Combers KC, a trained and licensed head lice removal professional can help. We can offer you safe and effective options for self treatment, or we can offer our services, that come with a guarantee. We are available 24 hours a day to help with all your Head Lice needs. You can reach us (913)451-COMB (2662) or visit our website: Welcome to COMBERS KC – COMBERS KC